Atom Release Notes
Version 8, Mar. 6, 2021
- Option to open web locations in new tabs, rather than the same tab.
- A fix for a bug in the scroll position memory function.
Version 7, Mar. 1, 2021
- An index page now retains its scroll position when returning from a folder or from a slide page.
- A minor tweak to the slide page responsiveness script.
- Minor code cleanup.
Version 6, Feb. 11, 2021
- Support for web locations added.
Version 5, Jan. 20, 2021
- A small improvement to the index page layout.
- Minor code cleanup.
Version 4, Dec. 11, 2020
- On a video slide page, the video now resets when it's finished, displaying the poster image again rather than the last frame of the video (which is often a black screen).
- The YouTube embed code now includes an attribute to prevent the display of related videos at the end of play, except for videos from the same YouTube channel.
Version 3, Nov. 5, 2020
- Option to enter top and bottom info text (text that appears above or below the thumbnails).
- Google Analytics code insertion moved to top of <head> section, per current Google guidance.
- Version number control added (inadvertently omitted in versions 1 and 2).
- Automatic cleanup of unneeded files in the hidden project/.jalbum directory.
Version 2, Oct. 19, 2020
- Improved slide transitions.
- Option to include YouTube and Vimeo videos in the project.
- Option to display underscores as spaces when using folder or file names as titles, browser tabs, captions, or tooltips.
- Updated help links from settings panels.
Version 1, Oct. 3, 2020
- Initial release.
- This skin is intended as a replacement for the Minimal skin. It produces a similarly minimalist album design, but retains almost none of the code from Minimal.
- The user options, album behavior, and underlying coding differ from Minimal in a number of ways:
- Better control over maximum page width.
- On a phone, thumbnail borders and padding are eliminated, and spacing between thumbnails is reduced.
- Fully responsive slide page.
- Smoother image transitions.
- Better control over titling, captioning, and tooltip options.
- Ability to customize the colors, beyond the Dark and Light preset styles.
- More flexible image download options.
- Easier selection of tooltip text for navigation icons.
- Ability to include a copyright notice, a meta description, a robots tag, a link to a favicon, and Google Analytics.
- Ability to apply custom CSS, with syntax highlighting in the user interface.
- Better text string cleanups.
- Customizable credits link.
- Larger default image bounds for thumbnails and slide images.
- Unsupported objects are automatically excluded from the project.
- GIF's are not converted to PNG's, so animation is preserved.
- Unified stylesheet, which reduces uploading and server calls.
- SVG icons, to allow color selection.
- Simplified icon set.
- A relative URL may be used for the home page link.
- Slide image preloading, for better page transitions.
- No thumbstrip option.
- No support for widgets or chained directories.
- Compiled user interface. More robust and loads 6x faster.
- Requires jAlbum 22 and Java 14 (Minimal is backward-compatible to jAlbum 14 and Java 8).
- This is a skin to use for making albums. It is not intended as a teaching tool. However, all the source code is bundled with the skin.