Atom Release Notes
Version 3, Nov. 5, 2020
- Option to enter top and bottom info text (text that appears above or below the thumbnails).
- Google Analytics code insertion moved to top of <head> section, per current Google guidance.
- Version number control added (inadvertently omitted in versions 1 and 2).
- Automatic cleanup of unneeded files in the hidden project/.jalbum directory.
Version 2, Oct. 19, 2020
- Improved slide transitions.
- Option to include YouTube and Vimeo videos in the project.
- Option to display underscores as spaces when using folder or file names as titles, browser tabs, captions, or tooltips.
- Updated help links from settings panels.
Version 1, Oct. 3, 2020
- Initial release.
- This skin is intended as a replacement for the Minimal skin. It produces a similarly minimalist album design, but retains almost none of the code from Minimal.
- The user options, album behavior, and underlying coding differ from Minimal in a number of ways:
- Better control over maximum page width.
- On a phone, thumbnail borders and padding are eliminated, and spacing between thumbnails is reduced.
- Fully responsive slide page.
- Smoother image transitions.
- Better control over titling, captioning, and tooltip options.
- Ability to customize the colors, beyond the Dark and Light preset styles.
- More flexible image download options.
- Easier selection of tooltip text for navigation icons.
- Ability to include a copyright notice, a meta description, a robots tag, a link to a favicon, and Google Analytics.
- Ability to apply custom CSS, with syntax highlighting in the user interface.
- Better text string cleanups.
- Customizable credits link.
- Larger default image bounds for thumbnails and slide images.
- Unsupported objects are automatically excluded from the project.
- GIF's are not converted to PNG's, so animation is preserved.
- Unified stylesheet, which reduces uploading and server calls.
- SVG icons, to allow color selection.
- Simplified icon set.
- A relative URL may be used for the home page link.
- Slide image preloading, for better page transitions.
- No thumbstrip option.
- No support for widgets or chained directories.
- Compiled user interface. More robust and loads 6x faster.
- Requires jAlbum 22 and Java 14 (Minimal is backward-compatible to jAlbum 14 and Java 8).
- This is a skin to use for making albums. It is not intended as a teaching tool. However, all the source code is bundled with the skin.