Jupiter Release Notes
Version 27, Nov. 28, 2020
- Google Analytics code insertion moved to top of <head> section, per current Google guidance.
- Small adjustment to maximum theme image width.
- More selective copying of scripts to output.
Version 26, Nov. 3, 2020
- Corrected handling of the title bar logo so that an animated GIF may be used.
- Revised CSS for the info page image so that if you choose to display it larger than a typical thumbnail, it is fully responsive on small displays.
- Corrected handling of the info page image so that an animated GIF may be used.
- Automatic cleanup of unneeded files in the hidden project/.jalbum directory.
- Option to disable on-image slide page navigation removed. If needed, it can still be accomplished with a line of custom CSS.
Version 25, Oct. 19, 2020
- Syntax highlighting in the Info Page body text and Code fields, to help prevent HTML and CSS errors.
- More efficient handling of GIF's that are included in the project.
- Updated help links from settings panels.
- Minor code cleanup, default settings changes, and bug fixes.
- User interface compiled to Java 14.
Version 24, Sep. 19, 2020
- Removed the now-unneeded base.css file.
- Removed some unreachable code.
- Fix for a bug in the "new" overlay on folder thumbnails.
- This is the last version that is compatible with jAlbum 17/21.
Version 23, Aug. 22, 2020
- Option for star overlays on thumbnails removed.
- Some changes in the Dark and Light style colors.
Version 22, Jul. 22, 2020
- Some minor changes to deal with jAlbum 21 better. However, users should not use the HTML editor introduced in jAlbum 21. It is incompatible with the skin, and may damage any existing HTML you have used in titles and comments.
- A tweak to the appearance of the audio control bar.
- Improved warning dialogs.
- Some default settings changes.
Version 21, Jul. 8, 2020
- More selective generation of CSS when the skin is being used to create a master album.
- Some small user interface improvements.
Version 20, Jul. 1, 2020
- Some small user interface improvements (long combo boxes).
- Google maps street view disabled by default, rather than enabled.
- Simplified version control.
Version 19, Jun. 20, 2020
- Thumbstrip option removed.
- Settings panel revisions to avoid scrolling on laptops.
Version 18, May 26, 2020
- Extensively revised handling of navigation icons on small displays.
- Navigation icon size limits revised.
- Size of globe and download icons can now be set independently of the other navigation icons.
- Globe and download icons are now always displayed below the slide image - option to display them in the title bar removed.
- "Top of page" icon now included on info page.
- Option to include "first slide image" and "last slide image" icons removed.
- Option to enter folder-specific top and bottom info text (text that appears above or below the thumbnails), overriding the album-level info text content. See the user's manual section on Image & Folder Settings. Support for external topinfo.txt and bottominfo.txt files removed.
- Support for external text files for <head> and <body> material removed.
- More consistent use of CSS classes and id's.
- Updated jQuery.
- Corrected warning message window location.
- Fixes for invalid HTML on map pages.
Version 17, May 11, 2020
- Option to use two different Google fonts in an album.
Version 16, May 3, 2020
- Option to alter the size of the overlay on video thumbnails.
- Option to alter the size of the overlay on audio thumbnails.
- Option to show an overlay on web location thumbnails.
Version 15, Apr. 27, 2020
- Folder thumbnails are now always shown in a separate section on the page.
- There is no longer a folder overlay icon on folder thumbnails.
- The small video overlay icon has been replaced by a larger, centered, semi-transparent overlay, similar to the one shown on thumbnails in the jAlbum Explore view. This can be disabled.
- The small audio overlay icon has been replaced by a larger, centered, semi-transparent overlay. This can be disabled.
- The navigation for returning to the thumbnail page from a slide image now uses the "up" icon, rather than the "index" icon. The "index" icon is used only for returning from an info page.
- If the album has a link to an external homepage entered under Album » Settings » Pages, that link is now also included on the info page, if the album has one.
- Improved handling of very long captions on slide images.
- A workaround for a Safari bug that made the globe icon unclickable.
- Spellchecking extended to info page title and text.
- When using the Custom style, direct control over the color of the "top of page" icon.
- Adjustments to the colors in some styles.
- Some code cleanup.
- A fix for a bug in the behavior of a Google map display.
- A fix for a bug in the display of GPS metadata.
Version 14, Apr. 16, 2020
- The Carpelinx PNG icons have been replaced with color-matched SVG icons.
- Option to show a small camera icon next to the metadata in a slide caption.
- When not using fixed shape thumbnails and not displaying any thumbnail captions, option to turn off the grid layout, which was the default in previous versions.
- New styles, Chocolate and Smoke.
- Some adjustments to preset style colors.
- Some changes to default settings.
Version 13.1, Apr. 12, 2020
- Fixes for several related bugs in thumbnail spacing and captioning.
Version 13, Apr. 10, 2020
- Option to have metadata in a slide caption dimmed until the site visitor mouse-hovers on it.
- All pages produced by the skin now include an HTML lang attribute. It's helpful for search engines, for browser translations, and in some cases for choosing correct typography. It defaults to the language you have chosen for jAlbum, but you may choose another. See the Misc settings tab. If the language code for the predominant language in your album is not in the list, you may enter any of the standard codes manually.
- Better cleanup of leftover output files.
- Several important bug fixes.
Version 12, Mar. 29, 2020
- Option to place the folder thumbnails after the image thumbnails, rather than before.
- Some changes to settings limits.
Version 11, Mar. 20, 2020
- Instead of calculating the maximum width of the thumbnail table based on image bounds, borders, and column counts, the skin now provides a simple "Max table width" setting. Since the thumbnail table is responsive to the width of the viewport, wrapping thumbnails as needed, using column counts made no sense. When opening an older project, the skin tries to approximate the setting for the width of the thumbnail table. The result will be close, rather than exact, so review the results when re-making the album.
- Simplified handling of non-banner style theme images. Because of internal changes, the apparent size of theme images in older projects will change slightly, so review the results when re-making the album.
- Because the skin is no longer using the cols and rows settings on the Pages tab in jAlbum, those fields are disabled.
- It is still possible to generate multiple index pages (index.html, index2.html, index3.html, and so on). Instead of using cols and rows, there is now a skin setting for Max objects per page. When opening an older project, this setting is automatically set to the correct value. If the existing project specified 6 columns and 4 rows, for example, the Max objects per page is set to 24.
- Option to float the thumbnails, with their captions appearing to the side of each image. Thumbnails can be floated left or right, caption width and alignment can be selected, and a colored thumbnail surround may be chosen. On a small display the float is removed and the captions are centered below the thumbnails.
- Some default settings changes.
- A fix for a missing tooltip.
Version 10, Mar. 1, 2020
- The skin now accepts YouTube links in the simple "share" form that YouTube provides: for example, https://youtu.be/Bj-7LxpF9dA. The more complicated "embed" forms of the URL are still accepted, as well.
- Adjusted threshold for appearance of the "top of page" icon.
- More selective timestamping of output files.
- Chained directories are now automatically disabled. There are too many unsolved problems with this option, and they cause albums with "page not found" errors.
Version 9, Feb. 15, 2020
- Improved positioning of navigation icons on slide pages, now set to be roughly the same spread as on the thumbnail page.
- Improved positioning of globe and download icons on slide pages, and close-globe icon on map pages.
- Corrected handling of image display limits when choosing Link to originals or Use original, both with and without specifying HiDPI images. The skin can be used with jAlbum 17 or better, but for making albums with original images coupled with HiDPI images, jAlbum 19.3.2 or better is required.
- Corrected handling of video, audio, YouTube, Vimeo, and PDF display limits when choosing Link to originals or Use original.
- Adjustments to the map display layout.
- Background color for the "new" overlay changed from an alpha channel color to a regular color. If your project was using an alpha channel (semi-transparent) color for this, you might need to change the color when making the album for the first time with this version of the skin. You can also provide a semi-transparent color by using the skin's Code » CSS setting panel.
- Background color for the image padding when using the Custom style changed from an alpha channel color to a regular color. If your project was using an alpha channel (semi-transparent) color for this, you might need to change the color when making the album for the first time with this version of the skin. You can also provide a semi-transparent color by using the skin's Code » CSS setting panel. If your project was using the default setting of transparent image padding, or was using a solid color, no adjustment is necessary.
- Thumbstrip display on slide pages removed when viewing on a smartphone.
- Option to remove the metadata display on slide pages when viewing on a smartphone.
- Default image bounds changed.
- A fix for an error in the slide page responsiveness when a thumbstrip is being shown.
- Various small bug fixes.
Version 8.2, Feb. 1, 2020
- Fix for a slide page size error when displaying an audio file with a poster image.
Version 8.1, Jan. 31, 2020
- Fix for a slide page size error when displaying an audio file without a poster image.
Version 8, Jan. 18, 2020
- Swipe detection removed from info page. This produced only a slight benefit for mobile visitors, while interfering with other functionality on the page.
- Improved handling of links in user-provided titles, comments, etc.
- If the skin is used to create an "album of albums," it doesn't generate or load unneeded image-handling scripts and icons.
- Some code cleanup for more efficient album creation and easier maintenance.
Version 7, Dec. 21, 2019
- When displaying maps, option to enable or disable the Google street view, which is billed at twice the rate of other map views.
- Option to autoplay videos removed. This is now blocked by all major browsers.
- Updated TouchSwipe script.
Version 6, Nov. 14, 2019
- Option to loop slides. If selected, hitting "next" on the last slide returns to the first slide, and vice-versa.
- Swipe detection removed from slide pages for videos. This worked only in some browsers on some platforms, and caused usability problems in others.
- Color gradients on the page body restored on mobile devices. This was removed in version 4 because of problems with Chrome for Android. Chrome 80 fixes the bug.
- Meta "robots" choices on the Misc tab clarified to remove ambiguity.
- Some changes to the settings tab layouts.
Version 5, Nov. 1, 2019
- An updated version of the jAlbum ConstrainRatioFilter.
- Default setting for thumbnail constrain aspect ratio set to true.
- Modified internal handling of the values for the ConstrainRatioFilter, so they can be targeted with user variables.
Version 4, Sep. 17, 2019
- Improved handling of title bar logo images.
- Option to autoplay audio files removed. All browsers now block this.
- Color gradients on the page body misbehave badly in some mobile browsers, including Chrome, so the skin now removes the gradient on small displays.
- If a GIF file is included in the album project, the original file is used for the slide page, regardless of jAlbum settings. This preserves GIF animations.
- Better positioning of globe and download icons on small displays.
- Some corrected small display breakpoints.
- Spell-checking added to selected input fields (requires jAlbum 18.5 or better).
- Some default settings changes.
Version 3, Sep. 3, 2019
- Reworked positioning of thumbnail captions.
- A fix for unwanted thumbnail spacing doubling.
- A fix for unwanted border doubling when using zero thumbnail spacing.
- Some pre-processing eliminated and replaced with dynamic layout adjustments upon album viewing.
- Simplified options for inclusion of a title bar logo image, and to make it a link to the album home or to an external site.
- Option to include the title bar logo on an info page.
- Corrected treatment of a title bar logo image on small displays.
- A warning popup is provided if you choose a theme image height that may be too short for the title bar contents (title, description, logo).
- Minor code cleanup.
- This is the last version that is compatible with jAlbum 15/16
Version 2, Aug. 20, 2019
- Improvements to layout when not using fixed shape thumbnails.
- Added a Dark style.
- Changed About tab link to release notes.
- A warning popup is provided if you try to use jAlbum widgets, which are not supported in this skin.
- Some resource scripts combined for faster page loading.
- Minor bug fixes and code cleanup.
Version 1.1, Aug. 9, 2019
- A fix for the responsiveness script on map displays.
Version 1, Aug. 9, 2019
- Initial release.
- This skin is a fork from the Gromit skin.
- A variety of problematic features in Gromit have been left behind, including breadcrumb trails, link buttons, side- and top-mounted captions, body background images (other than simple texture graphics), multiple responsiveness modes, and widget support. Most other Gromit features are still present, though some options have been simplified.
- Support for PDF's is much better than is the case in Gromit (though it does not work in local preview - a PDF page can be viewed only from a server). At the same time, support for other web-page-unfriendly objects (Word documents, zip files, and so on) has been removed.
- The slide responsiveness script has been extensively reworked, to make better use of the limited display space on smartphones.
- The styles from Gromit have been added to, heavily revised, and in some cases removed.