Jupiter 40 User's Manual
Image & Folder Settings
To access image and folder settings, hover on a thumbnail in the main jAlbum editing window, and click More.
Then choose Edit.
Then choose the Jupiter panel on the right side of the editing window.
- Video host URL: YouTube or Vimeo: If you enter a URL in this field, this image will be linked to an externally-hosted video on YouTube or Vimeo. See Info: Hosted Videos for more information.
- Width: The width of the display window for an externally-hosted video.
- Height: The height of the display window for an externally-hosted video.
Note that the dimensions of the video window will accept these width and height entries unless they are larger than the selected jAlbum image bounds, in which case they will be automatically adjusted downwards to remain within those bounds. The adjustment occurs at album creation time - the adjusted values are never displayed in this window.
- Length: You may provide the length (hours, minutes, seconds) of an externally-hosted video. The skin will use this if you choose to display the video length as part of a caption or tooltip.
- Map link: If selected, and if GPS coordinates are available in the EXIF or XMP metadata of this image file, a globe icon is displayed in the caption area which, if clicked, opens a new browser tab or window that displays a map, centered on the GPS coordinates. If you have chosen to display map links for all images in the album (see Maps), making a selection here allows you to specify a different map type and zoom level for this image.
- Map type: The type of map to display: hybrid, roadmap, satellite, or terrain. The hybrid map is a satellite view with an overlay of labels (street names, for example). The terrain map is a topographic view, with contour lines and shading to represent elevation.
- Zoom level: The initial zoom level for the map. Note that some map types, like terrain, may not be available at high zoom levels.
- Responsive image only: Normally, the slide page is fully responsive, showing the image and all text on the page (captions, copyright, etc.) - a vertical scrollbar appears only in the most extreme cases. If this option is selected, the page will be responsive to the image only, allowing caption text to trigger the appearance of a scrollbar. This may be useful when presenting an image that should be shown as large as possible, despite the presence of lengthy caption text.
- Custom thumbnail overlay: If checked, a custom thumbnail overlay icon may be shown on the thumbnail for this object.
- Make New: When displaying a "new" overlay on a thumbnail for an image or video, the skin uses the date on which the file was added to the project to determine its "newness." Clicking this button causes the "date added" to be set to the current date and time, thereby making it appear new. Note that this cannot be undone.
- Make Old: Clicking this button causes the "date added" to be set to a very old date, roughly Jan. 1, 1970 (adjusted for your time zone), thereby making it appear old even if it is, in fact, newly-added. Note that this cannot be undone.
- Folder Info Text: Clicking this button brings up a window in which you can enter top and/or bottom info text for the current folder (material to be shown above or below the thumbnail table), overriding the material provided in the main skin settings.