Mars Release Notes
Version 32, Apr. 5, 2021
- Updated jQuery.
- Updated Floatbox.
- Fixed a bad help link.
Version 31, Mar. 24, 2021
- When displaying a video, the video now resets when it's finished, displaying the poster image again rather than the last frame of the video (which is often a black screen).
- A modification to prevent excessive caption text from causing display problems on phones in landscape mode.
- A Floatbox update to avoid some problems associated with excessive caption text on small displays.
- A CSS change to prevent careless visitor mousing from selecting images and icons and turning them blue.
- Some refinement of the navigation icons.
- Some code efficiency improvements.
- Removed some unneeded, non-validating Floatbox CSS.
Version 30, Mar. 6, 2021
- Simplified web location opening option.
- Fix for a small bug with slide image shadows on mobile devices.
- A fix for a bug in the scroll position memory function.
Version 29, Mar. 1, 2021
- An index page now retains its scroll position when returning from a folder.
- Minor code cleanup.
Version 28, Feb. 21, 2021
- A small adjustment to the color of off-image navigation arrows.
- Option to choose Link to originals via scaled images re-enabled. If this setting is chosen, the album won't contain any links to the originals, but the originals will be included in the output, and will be uploaded to your server. This might be useful as an easy way to back up your originals.
- Google font calls updated to latest API.
- Several tweaks to help load pages that use Google fonts more quickly.
- Forced preloading of Google fonts if they are used in slide captions, to avoid a rendering problem.
- Plugged a small logic hole in the panel for entering folder-specific settings.
Version 27, Jan. 20, 2021
- Zooming on phones is now always enabled (via tapping or pinch-zoom gesture), and the former magnifying glass icon is not displayed.
- Minor code cleanup.
Version 26, Dec. 15, 2020
Version 25, Dec. 11, 2020
- Theme image is now preloaded in order to speed page rendering.
- Support for WOFF2 files added (higher compression than WOFF).
- Some unneeded code removed.
Version 24, Nov. 28, 2020
- Option to use a full page theme image.
Version 23, Nov. 15, 2020
- An important Floatbox update.
- Google Analytics code insertion moved to top of <head> section, per current Google guidance.
Version 22, Nov. 3, 2020
- Revised CSS for the info page image so that if you choose to display it larger than a typical thumbnail, it is fully responsive on small displays.
- Corrected handling of the info page image so that an animated GIF may be used.
- Automatic cleanup of unneeded files in the hidden project/.jalbum directory.
Version 21, Oct. 19, 2020
- Option to display underscores as spaces when using folder or file names as titles, browser tabs, or captions.
- Syntax highlighting in the Info Page body text and Code fields, to help prevent HTML and CSS errors.
- A Floatbox update that cures an occasional problem with lightbox positioning.
- More efficient handling of GIF's that are included in the project.
- Updated help links from settings panels.
- Removed the now-unneeded base.css file.
- Minor code cleanup and bug fixes.
- User interface compiled to Java 14.
Version 20, Aug. 5, 2020
- Option to allow the slide image on phones to be enlarged either by clicking the magnifying glass icon or by using a pinch-zoom gesture.
- Simplified navigation controls when an album includes videos.
- Off-image navigation arrows made more visible.
- Some changes in the Dark and Light style colors.
- A Floatbox update.
- This is the last version that is compatible with jAlbum 17/21.
Version 19, Jul. 22, 2020
- Some minor changes to deal with jAlbum 21 better. However, users should not use the HTML editor introduced in jAlbum 21. It is incompatible with the skin, and may damage any existing HTML you have used in titles and comments.
- Improved warning dialogs.
- Some default settings changes.
Version 18, Jul. 1, 2020
- On mobile devices, slide image padding is reduced to a maximum of 2px, to make full use of the screen real estate.
- Some small user interface improvements (long combo boxes).
- Simplified version control.
Version 17, Jun. 20, 2020
- Removed some obsolete declarations from the Justified Gallery CSS (a validation issue).
Version 16, May 26, 2020
- Revised handling of navigation icons on small displays.
- Navigation icon size limits revised.
- "Top of page" icon now included on info page.
- Option to enter folder-specific top and bottom info text (text that appears above or below the thumbnails), overriding the album-level info text content. See the user's manual section on Folder Settings.
- More consistent use of CSS classes and id's.
- Update Justified Gallery.
- Updated jQuery.
- Corrected warning message window location.
- Some small CSS bug fixes.
Version 15, May 11, 2020
- Option to use two different Google fonts in an album.
Version 14, May 3, 2020
- Option to alter the size of the overlay on video thumbnails.
- Option to show an overlay on web location thumbnails.
Version 13, Apr. 26, 2020
- There is no longer a folder overlay icon on folder thumbnails.
- The small video overlay icon has been replaced by a larger, centered, semi-transparent overlay, similar to the one shown on thumbnails in the jAlbum Explore view. This can be disabled.
- If the album has a link to an external homepage entered under Album » Settings » Pages, that link is now also included on the info page, if the album has one.
- Spellchecking extended to info page title and text.
- Simplified handling of icon colors. They are now always color-matched to the neighboring text.
- Adjustments to the colors in some styles.
- Some code cleanup.
- A fix for a bug involving fixed-shape thumbnails and undersized images.
Version 12, Apr. 17, 2020
- All pages produced by the skin now include an HTML lang attribute. It's helpful for search engines, for browser translations, and in some cases for choosing correct typography. It defaults to the language you have chosen for jAlbum, but you may choose another. See the Misc settings tab. If the language code for the predominant language in your album is not in the list, you may enter any of the standard codes manually.
- New style, Chocolate.
- Fixes for a couple of small bugs.
Version 11, Mar. 29, 2020
- Option to place the folder thumbnails after the image thumbnails, rather than before.
- Simplified handling of thumbnail sizes when fixed shape thumbnails are selected. This will have the effect of making fixed shape thumbnails larger than they were in prior releases (they'll actually be shown at their correct size now), so you might want to adjust the thumbnail image bounds downward in an existing project.
- Some changes to default settings and to settings limits.
- A minor Floatbox update.
Version 10, Mar. 1, 2020
- Option to include an info page.
- Adjusted threshold for appearance of the "top of page" icon.
- More selective timestamping of output files.
Version 9, Feb. 15, 2020
- Corrected handling of image display limits when choosing Link to originals or Use original, both with and without specifying HiDPI images. The skin can be used with jAlbum 17 or better, but for making albums with original images coupled with HiDPI images, jAlbum 19.3.2 or better is required.
- Corrected handling of video display limits when choosing Link to originals or Use original.
- jAlbum alpha channel color routines for title background tint replaced with eight-digit hex color codes.
Version 8.1, Feb. 9, 2020
- A fix for a bug that could result in a missing navigation icon under certain circumstances.
Version 8, Feb. 4, 2020
- Clearer theme image choices, including an option to have no theme images. This was always possible by engaging in some jAlbum user interface trickery - the new settings panel makes it more explicit and easier.
Version 7, Jan. 31, 2020
- Internal code changes.
- Corrected font family selection for slide title and comment.
Version 6, Jan. 18, 2020
- If the skin is used to create an "album of albums," it doesn't generate or load unneeded image-handling scripts and icons.
- Improved handling of links in user-provided titles, comments, etc.
- Corrected a harmless incorrect default value setting.
- Extensive code cleanup for more efficient album creation and easier maintenance.
Version 5.2, Jan. 9, 2020
- Corrected page title color in Blue style.
- Corrected screenshot on Custom tab.
Version 5.1, Nov. 26, 2019
- Slight change to the off-image navigation arrows to make them easier to click.
Version 5, Nov. 24, 2019
- Option to show the slide navigation arrows at the edges of the viewport, rather than overlaid on the images.
Version 4, Nov. 14, 2019
- Support for web locations added.
- Option to loop slides. If selected, hitting "next" on the last slide returns to the first slide, and vice-versa.
- Meta "robots" choices on the Misc tab clarified to remove ambiguity.
Version 3, Nov. 1, 2019
- An updated version of the jAlbum ConstrainRatioFilter.
- Modified internal handling of the values for the ConstrainRatioFilter, so they can be targeted with user variables.
- Floatbox update that handles extremely long captions somewhat better. It's still best to avoid this kind of verbosity, however.
- A Floatbox customization to avoid problems with false positives by some ad-blocking browser software.
- More selective generation of some navigation and overlay icons.
Version 2, Sep. 17, 2019
- Spell-checking added to selected input fields (requires jAlbum 18.5 or better).
- Minor CSS changes.
Version 1, Sep. 12, 2019
- Initial release.
- Choice of parallax or banner theme images.
- Produces fully responsive albums with swipe support.
- Option to use fixed-shape thumbnails or fully-justified, non-fixed-shape thumbnails.
- Larger folder thumbnails, with option to display them with spacing and aspect ratio different from regular thumbnails.
- Supports JPG's, PNG's, GIF's (including animated GIF's), and MP4's. The display of each of these objects is fully responsive.
- Support is provided for Google fonts and WOFF files.
- Allows the user to insert custom CSS and index page text from within the user interface.
- Produces valid HTML5/CSS3: supports all current browsers.