Mars 30 User's Manual
Info: Browser Support
Mars produces albums that display properly in most browsers.
- Standards compliance: Mars produces valid HTML5 and CSS3 code. However, no attempt is made to ensure that user-provided code (in titles, comments, etc.) is valid.
- Current desktop browsers: All Mars skin features are supported in the current versions of Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. The parallax effect is visible in Edge, but the scrolling is very jerky. Edge is known to have problems achieving smooth scrolling - it's not just the parallax effect that suffers. In Edge prior to version 79, the tinted background behind the album title and description is not visible.
- Other browsers: Mars is not tested in any other browsers. Support for skin features is unknown.
- Tablet browsers: Mars is only occasionally tested on any tablets (e.g., iPad), but all skin features should operate properly. Simple swipe gestures are supported.
- Smartphones: Mars is tested in Chrome and Firefox on an Android phone, and is occasionally tested in Chrome and Safari on an iPhone. All skin features should operate properly. Simple swipe gestures are supported.
- jAlbum integrated browser: The integrated browser in jAlbum does not support the parallax effect, and the theme image is distorted. It also makes a mess of the thumbnail table in some cases. You should preview your album in a real browser (Chrome, Firefox, or Safari) before concluding that there's a problem with it.
- jAlbum embedded web server: If you choose to preview your albums with Chrome, and you use the jAlbum embedded web server (see Tools/jAlbum (Windows/Mac), Preferences, General, Preview), you may see some image flickering when moving from slide to slide. This will not occur when viewing the album from a server.