Neptune 53 User's Manual
Layout » Slides
Layout » Slides » Navigation
- Icon size: The size of the navigation icons.
- Close X position: The location of the close X icon, relative to the image. Choosing "none" leaves clicking off-image as the only way to close the lightbox.
- Prev/Next arrow size: The size of the on-image navigation arrows.
- Arrows off-image: If selected, the "previous" and "next" arrows on the slides are shown at the edges of the viewport, rather than on the image.
- Autoplay videos: If selected, videos will attempt to start playing when they are opened. Whether autoplay actually occurs is dependent upon the browser and the platform.
- Loop slides: If selected, clicking the "next" arrow on the last slide takes the visitor to the first slide, and clicking the "previous" arrow on the first slide takes the visitor to the last slide.
- Timed slideshow: If selected, a timed slideshow is available to the site visitor. You may set the number of seconds spent displaying each image. Videos, however, play to completion before the next item is shown, regardless of timing.
- After slideshow: You may choose what happens when the slideshow is finished - exit to the thumbnail page, loop continuously, or stop on the last slide. Note that if the visitor starts the slideshow on other than the first image, it will wrap around until all images have been seen before acting on the "After slideshow" choice.
Layout » Slides » Appearance
- Dimming opacity: The opacity of the dimming layer behind the slide.
- Expansion: The duration of the expansion time from thumbnail to slide image, in milliseconds.
- Transition: The duration of the cross-fade transition between images, in milliseconds.
- Padding width: For the slide image, you may select the width of the padding around the image.
- Shadow opacity: If the slide image padding width is greater than zero, you may choose to include a box shadow on the slide image. Opacity of zero means no shadow, with higher values representing a denser shadow.
- Minimum box width: For the slide image, you may select the minimum width of the expander. Choosing a larger value can be helpful if you have long captions on portrait-mode images or videos.
- Border: A white border can be applied to the entire lightbox. In most cases this is unnecessary. However, if you are using the "dark" style, or a custom style with a very dark slide background, a thin border around the lightbox can separate it from the almost-black dimming background.
- Apply color gradient to slide: If selected, the background color of the slide display will have a gradient. In most cases, the background color will be the primary body color at the top of the page, and a darker shade of the same color towards the bottom. The reverse is true for styles that have a black or very dark body color. Using the Custom style, you may specify any bottom color you like for the slide (it can even transition from blue at the top to red at the bottom - any HTML colors may be used).
Layout » Slides » Caption
- Caption position: The position of the caption relative to the image.
- Counter position: The position, if any, of the image counter relative to the image.
- Hide counter on mobile: If selected, the image counter will not be displayed on mobile devices (to save space).
- Caption content: The caption may display the image title, the image comment, both, or neither.
- Name if no title: If no image title has been entered, use the image file name (without its extension).
Layout » Slides » Downloads
- Include download icon for images: If selected, displays a download icon on the slides. The link will download the scaled image, or the original image if it's included in the album. Originals may be included by choosing Link to originals or Link to originals via scaled images in the jAlbum settings, or by right-clicking on a thumbnail in the main jAlbum window and choosing Include original or Use original. The effect of clicking the icon will depend upon the browser and the configuration of the site visitor's computer. It may place the image in the visitor's download folder, or present a dialog offering various options for opening or saving the image, or open the image in a new browser tab, at which point the visitor can right-click the image and save it.
- Include download icon for original images only: If selected, the download icon will not appear for scaled images, but only for original images that are included in the album.
- Include download icon for videos: If selected, displays a download icon on the slides of videos. The effect of clicking the icon will depend upon the browser and the configuration of the site visitor's computer. It may place the video in the visitor's download folder, or present a dialog offering various options for opening or saving the video, or launch a player and play the video. In the latter case, in order to save the video, the visitor will need to right-click on the download icon and choose Save target as …. The exact wording of the choice will depend upon the browser being used.
- Download opens in new browser tab: Choosing this option causes all browsers to open the image in a new browser tab, rather than to offer a download option.