Triton Release Notes
Version 8, Jun. 20, 2022
- Multiple coding changes to prevent cross-skin contamination by a careless skin developer. Among other things, all of the CSS attributes have been renamed. When you load an older project, the skin will update any custom code you have included.
- More thorough cleanup of unneeded output files from earlier versions or from experiments with my other skins.
- Other code cleanup and CSS tweaks.
Version 7, May 27, 2022
- Option to allow the site visitor to zoom in on slide images when they are shown smaller than their native size.
- A tweak to prevent links in slide captions from being intercepted by the Floatbox script.
- Updated fullscreen script.
- The skin's "hints" file now turns off the generation of JSON files, which are not used by this skin.
Version 6.1, May 24, 2022
- Bug fix. There was a stray extra quote mark in the index page coding when using a theme image splash page.
Version 6, May 18, 2022
- There is now an option to have the album begin with a theme image splash page. If this option is chosen, it is possible to have background music autoplay when the visitor launches the image gallery, it is possible to have videos autoplay, and it is possible to have audio clips autoplay. Autoplay options have been added for each of these. Without this introductory splash page, all modern browsers block audio and video autoplay.
- If there is a timed slideshow and there are audio clips that autoplay, the slideshow will advance only when the clip has finished playing. If there is a timed slideshow and there are audio clips that do not autoplay, the slideshow will enter a paused state if the visitor clicks the "play" button on the audio control bar.
- There is now an option to show a restart icon in the caption. This just mimics the action of the browser's own reload icon (or F5, or CTRL-R), but some visitors might not realize that is how they can return to the beginning of the album. Including this icon might make it more obvious.
- When using the Custom style, the option to use a full-page image as the body background has been removed, as it was incompatible with the theme image splash page option. If a background image is chosen, it should be a small texture pattern, which will then be repeated over the background of the slides.
Version 5, May 2, 2022
- The skin now supports videos.
- The skin now supports audio clips on slide images. While it is possible to combine background music, a timed slideshow, and audio clips in a single album, none of these things is "aware" of the others, so the results are likely to be somewhat chaotic. This version of the skin can be used with jAlbum 27, but to make use of audio clips, jAlbum 28 is required.
- Improved storage of non-album object files added to the project by the user (background music files, WOFF files, background images).
- CSS and other code improvements.
Version 4, Apr. 14, 2022
- You may now specify a maximum width for slide captions. Allowing the slide images to occupy most of the width of a large monitor is fine, but allowing captions to spread that far makes them difficult to read.
- The skin now disables jAlbum settings that may not be used or are irrelevant in this skin.
- Small bug fixes.
Version 3, Feb. 24, 2022
- Option, when using a link to an external home page, to open the link in the same tab or iframe, a new tab, the parent of the iframe, or the topmost frame on the page.
- The space bar now starts and stops an automated slideshow, if one is included in the album.
- This is the last version that is compatible with jAlbum 22/26.2.
Version 2, Feb. 9, 2022
- Option to autostart the timed slideshow.
- Simplified font stacks.
- More selective generation and loading of resource files.
- Fixed misleading warning dialog in check for unsupported objects.
- A patch to prevent the ESC key from killing the image display.
Version 1, Feb. 6, 2022
- Initial release.
- The skin produces an album with only slide images, which are shown in an endless loop, with a choice of several image transition types.
- A link to an external home page may be shown in the image caption.
- Option for a timed, automated slideshow.
- Option for background music.
- Option for a background image on the page.
- Produces fully responsive albums with swipe support.
- Supports JPG's, PNG's, and GIF's (including animated GIF's).
- Support is provided for Google fonts and WOFF files.
- Allows the user to insert custom CSS from within the user interface.
- Produces valid HTML5/CSS3: supports all current browsers.
- The album should behave reasonably well in a responsive iframe on another site.