Triton 8 User's Manual
Layout » Navigation
- Theme image splash page: If selected, the album begins with a splash page consisting of the theme image, album title, album description, and a "play" icon to begin the slideshow. Choosing this option also allows you to choose to autoplay videos, audio clips, and background music, which would otherwise be blocked by the browser.
- Icon size: The size of the navigation icons.
- Home icon: You may choose which icon is used for links in the album that point to the homepage you have entered under Album » Settings » Pages » Link to external homepage » Address (URL).
- Open link in: If you have entered a link to an external home page, this determines whether the link will open in the same browser tab or iframe, a new browser tab, the parent of the iframe, or the topmost frame on the page.
Layout » Options
- Timed slideshow: If selected, a timed slideshow is available to the site visitor. You may set the number of seconds spent displaying each image.
- Autostart slideshow: If selected, the timed slideshow will start automatically. Otherwise, it will start in a paused state.
- Autoplay videos: If selected, videos will start playing when they are opened.
- Use audio clips: If selected, audio clips that have been attached to album objects will be shown in the slide captions.
- Autoplay audio clips: If selected, each audio clip will begin playing as soon as the slide is shown.
- Fullscreen option: If selected, a fullscreen toggle icon is displayed in the caption.
- Restart icon: If selected, a restart icon is displayed in the caption. This simply reloads the page, which has the effect of taking the visitor back to the beginning of the album.
- Zoom: If selected, the site visitor may zoom in on slide images when they are shown smaller than their native size.
Layout » Appearance
- Transition time: The duration of the transition between images, in milliseconds.
- Transition type: The type of transition between images - try a test album to see the differences. On a mobile device, regardless of this setting, the transition is a "slide," which is what users expect to see on such devices.
- Padding width: For the slide image, you may select the width of the padding around the image. See note below about the Dark and Light styles.
- Shadow opacity: If the slide image padding width is greater than zero, you may choose to include a box shadow on the slide image. Opacity of zero means no shadow, with higher values representing a denser shadow. See note below about the Dark and Light styles.
- Minimum box width: For the slide image, you may select the minimum width of the expander. Choosing a larger value can be helpful if you have long captions on portrait-mode images.
- Lightbox border: A thin border can be applied to the entire lightbox. In most cases this is unnecessary, but a thin border around the lightbox can separate it from the page background.
Layout » Caption
- Caption content: The caption may display the image title, the image comment, both, or neither.
- Name if no title: If no image title has been entered, use the image file name (without its extension).
- Caption position: The position of the caption relative to the image.
- Maximum width: The maximum width of the slide caption.
- Display underscores as spaces: If selected, underscores in file names that appear as browser tabs or captions are displayed as spaces. This applies only to the actual file names. User-entered titles and comments are not affected. The file names themselves are not changed.
Layout » Tooltips
- Site home: If a URL and text are entered under Album » Settings » Pages » Link to external homepage, this is the icon that will appear on each slide. The tooltip that appears when a visitor hovers on this icon is entered on that settings page, rather than here. This is intended for a home page that is external to the album.
- Fullscreen: The tooltip that appears when a visitor hovers on the "fullscreen" icon.
- Restart: The tooltip that appears when a visitor hovers on the "restart" icon.
- Music: The tooltip that appears when a visitor hovers on the "music" icon.
Dark & Light Styles
If you choose the Dark or Light style, the padding around the slide image would be the same color as the page background. This would then give the appearance of icons seeming to be positioned badly, and of the slide caption seeming to be too far below (or above) the slide image. Therefore, if either of these two styles is chosen, the padding setting and shadow opacity are ignored, unless you also elect to use a lightbox border. There will be no padding or shadow on the image.