Venus 38 User's Manual
Thumbnails » Design
- Max table width: The maximum width of the thumbnail table. If the viewport width is less than this, the thumbnail table is adjusted to fit.
- Thumbnail spacing: The spacing between thumbnails.
- Border: If selected, a one-pixel border is shown on the thumbnails.
- Fixed shape: If selected, thumbnails are cropped to the dimensions chosen under Album » Settings » Images » Image Bounds » Thumbnails.
- Constrain aspect ratio: If fixed shape thumbnails are not selected, the aspect ratio of each thumbnail will be the same as that of the original image. Choosing this option restricts the aspect ratio (width divided by height) to a minimum of 0.5 and a maximum of 2.5. This prevents panoramic images and unusually tall, skinny images from producing thumbnails with extreme aspect ratios, which otherwise tend to disrupt the thumbnail table layout.
- Captions always visible: If selected, captions are always visible, rather than being visible only when the visitor hovers his mouse on the thumbnail.
- Open web locations in new tab: If selected, web locations will open in a new browser tab, rather than the same browser tab.
Thumbnails » Captions
- Thumbnail caption: The caption below an image thumbnail may display the image title, the image comment, both, or neither.
- Name if no title: If no image title has been entered, use the image file name (without its extension).
- Limit title and comment to two lines each....: If selected, the title and comment, when shown as a thumbnail caption, will be limited to two lines. Any overflow is shown as an ellipsis.
Thumbnails » Overlay Icons
- Video thumbnails: If selected, a semi-transparent overlay is placed on video thumbnails, including YouTube and Vimeo videos.
- Size: The size of the video overlay, as a percentage of the thumbnail image bounds.
- Web location thumbnails: If selected, a semi-transparent overlay is placed on web location thumbnails.
- Size: The size of the web location overlay, as a percentage of the thumbnail image bounds.